ATHENS TO ELLINIKA FOR A CAUSE
On October 4th, Vasilis Sfakopoulos, mastermind of Save Your Hood, made an individual effort, which comprised leaving his own neighborhood in Kypseli, walking up to Ellinika in Evia, a route of 185 kilometers in total, and cleaning all the areas in between, included the ones affected by the fires (Parnitha, North Evia).
THE ROUTE OF VASILIS
WE SUPPORT WITH OUR OWN POWERS
- In this project, every citizen was invited to come and help in any area that Vassilis crossed by contributing to the cleaning, for as long as he / she could and wanted.
- A total of 60 volunteers helped Vassilis on his journey in a unique way, either by walking next to him or cleaning or supporting him with a feeding roll.
- The exact position of Vassilis and the goal of the next days were displayed through this page.
PURPOSE OF THE PROJECT
- the emergence of the problem of pollution created by the bad habits of drivers, its relationship with fires,the change of our mentality while driving and more.
- the financial support of professionals that were left without jobs due to the summer fires in the village of Ellinika in North Evia.
We make the message of cleaner roads, forests and selves stronger .
CROWDFUNDING AND THE FIRE VICTIMS
Hundreds of people that rely on forests for their livelihoods have been left without jobs, which has caused a major blow to the local economy, has condemned them and their families to live below the poverty line surrounded by dead land and has forced them to choose between staying there or moving in urban centers trying to find another alternative.
According to the government's decisions, resin growers and beekeepers will be included in the anti-flood programs with a timescale of 3 years and later they will be included in the programs for the regeneration of local ecosystems. We support this movement by raising money for the necessary equipment that is missing from the local cooperatives!
Depending on the amount that will be raised, the equipment will be purchased and delivered with absolute transparency to the President of the village of Elliniko and the President of the Collective.
This project is under the auspices of the Regions of Attica and Central Greece, which will provide the necessary security throughout it. It is also supported by all involved municipalities, which will receive the garbage collected by volunteers.
Monday, October 4th
Manicipalities: Athens, Nea Ionia, Iraklio, Metamorfosi, Kifisia, Aharnes, Oropos
Sunday, October 10th
Manicipalities: Mantoudi - Limni - Agia Anna, Istea - Edipsos